The Information Technology (IT) and Network Support Technician will be responsible for internal and external support for DFT Communications Customers and users throughout the enterprise. Prior professional experience within IT Technology environments such as Data Centers, Network Operation Centers (NOC), Server/Local Area Networks, and Computer Repair is highly desired. As a member of the IT team, the candidate will be a part of a 24/7 Operational Team with the possibility of flexible work shifts and rotating on-call responsibilities. The IT Technician will be the “Subject Matter Expert” (SME) and handle customer support needs as they arise.
• Local Area Network (LAN), Service Administration, and Support for DFT customers and clients.
• SME for DFT Customers and other related services.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Customer and client-server and endpoint “Break-Fix” Support.
• Provides Hardware software support when needed.
• Provides recommendations to management for operational adjustments within the department.
• Performing basic to advanced software troubleshooting and maintenance on systems and related customer networks.
• Manage, maintain, and support Cloud-based services such as Office 365.
• Travel to and from customer locations and service areas, as well as remote support when necessary.
• Provides exceptional customer service to resolve or ensure resolution of problem diagnosis/assessment and repairs.
• Develop and promote new customer sales opportunities when appropriate.
• Assist the Sales, Network, Field, and Technical operational departments when necessary.
• Other duties required by management.
• Server Infrastructure knowledge
• Microsoft Server Technologies, including Active Directory. Experience and understanding of Non-Microsoft Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, MacOS, etc.)
• WAN, LAN, Wireless Networking, and IPv4 knowledge
• Local endpoint knowledge, including but not limited to PCs, VoIP, Network Switches, Routers, and Wireless Access Points.
Experience and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, or equivalent.
• Certifications in any of the listed operating systems or network applications. (CompTIA A+, N+, Cisco, Microsoft, etc.)
• A combination of experience, education, and certifications will be considered.
• Monday – Friday 8am-5pm (EST)
• Rotating On-Call
• Schedule can vary due to department requirements such as maintenance windows, emergencies, and other situations deemed necessary by management.